Hardback 1st editions

64 replies [Last post]
JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Hello all I would like some help if you could,

I am putting together a collection of hardback first editions of Roberts Books, I have done the eBay route (including the eBay online shops), Amazon I am not too sure about, and I have done all the local charity shops and high street shops.

I have even gone round the back street book shops in my area (you know the ones, over 4 floors that seems to have no order to them at all, but the woman sat at the desk downstairs seems to know the exact place of every book in the shop!).

Does anyone out there have a little gem of a book shop you can search online that may have some first editions? Any ideas very welcome.

I am looking for the following:

Armageddon, the Musical (1990)
They Came and Ate Us: The B-Movie (1991)
The Book of Ultimate Truths (1993)
The Greatest Show off Earth (1994)
The Most Amazing Man Who ever Lived (1995)
The Dance of the Voodoo Handbag (1998)
Sprout Mask Replica (1997) (Or if anyone wishes to part with any of the above please PM me)

Gaz
Gaz's picture
Try

Try http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

Not looked on there for a long time but they always used to have a good selection, some foreign editions too.

Oh, and I have all of the ones you've listed, pretty sure most (if not all) are signed too, but it would need to be a very very large sum of money to get me to part with them!

Gaz
Gaz's picture
Just quickly checked

Just quickly checked Abebooks and they definitely have the Armageddon ones at least.

Tip: Don't pay over the odds for one that's signed. It's a well known fact (by those that know it well) that Robert will sign just about anything put in front of him at any time.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Thanks Gaz - Top man

Gaz

Thank you, I have just purchased a book and its one I was finding most hard to source.

Smiling

Gaz
Gaz's picture
No problem, glad to see

No problem, glad to see Abebooks is still coming up trumps, it's a great little site, helped me out with a few tricky additions in the past!

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
1st editions

JD if you check out Fantasy Centre in Holloway Rd, London they have one yon your list as they closing down tomorrow Sat.13th I was in there today.They Came and Ate Us: The B-Movie (1991)

Email:

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
I thought they'd closed down

I thought they'd closed down a while back?

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Oh Bugger

Quote:
JD if you check out Fantasy Centre in Holloway Rd, London they have one yon your list as they closing down tomorrow Sat.13th I was in there today.They Came and Ate Us: The B-Movie (1991)

Oh bugger I just ordered it from the abebooks site,wish I could have supported them in their hour of need Barf!

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
FC

No Deep, they are not renewing their lease, tomorrow is their last day of trading,well today as the time of this post.

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture
Oh, that's rather a shame.

Oh, that's rather a shame. The Fantasy Centre was always a great place to visit, even though I couldn't get there very often.

Unfortunately the Internet has rather done it in for traditional second-hand book sellers.

James

Keeping the big flywheel spinning...

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture
F.Centre

I think the upcoming credit crunch was more responsible than the net as they did online orders as well.