What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
LisaWTS
Re: What are you reading now?

I recently read all the Sookie Stackhouse books and am presently - and not without a fair bit of shame - reading the junior methadone version of Twilight and can confirm that he is very gay. I mean this not as an insult, but a statement of fact. Edward Cullen is homosexual. I just wish he'd come out from Narnia.

theladyinthestrawhat
theladyinthestrawhat's picture

I'm reading the new Last Chance to See and finding it wonderful. I'm also reading the Naked Woman (having read the Naked Ape) which came the other day with the Desent of Man, The Naked Man (all for Human Evo.) and Retromancer.
I have to restrict my self to how many books I can read at a time or I get nothing done and forget what the hell is going on in some.

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

My current reading is "Governing the European Economy", it's not as bad as it sounds and is required as part of my OU degree Sad

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Just starting Life During Wartime by Lucius Shepard

Timmeh
Timmeh's picture

I've recently started Robin Hobb's Dragon Keeper, Elspeth Huxley's Red Stranger and Richard Wiseman's 59 seconds.

German-platypus
German-platypus's picture

I've nearly finished Walter Moers Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher (The City of Dreaming Books).

Toxicarl
Toxicarl's picture

I'm in the middle of "The Shroud of the Thwacker" by Chris Elliot... An odd book to say the least... Puzzled

Rachie_D

I've just started reading Retromancer. Smiling

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Nothing - I have a load on order from Amazon but the Home Delivery Network keep trying to deliver when I'm at work. I have told them to stop sending them out over and over and I'll come to the depot to collect but everytime I turn up they are "on the van" - bastards :(

Unless you count "Governing European Economic Policy" my current OU course book. I don't }:)

theladyinthestrawhat
theladyinthestrawhat's picture

The Descent of Man, which is currently making me want to have a time machine and tell Darwin, 'Look we've proved it all! Genetics explains it all!'