What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
Arbuthnot
Arbuthnot's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

Wow seems like I have similar taste to you lot - maybe not such a surprise since we are in the Rankin fan club, and are obviously all sexy intelligent folk etc...

Fancy that new Iain Banks one, I saw it in the airport but I'm not taking a chance on a hardback, as he seems to write the odd duffer.

Anyway, I'm reading Coalescent by Stephen Baxter, HMS Surprise by Patrick O'Brian, Buy Jupiter by Asimov and some book about the Border Reivers by Philip Nixon I think his name is.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Quote:
Fancy that new Iain Banks one, I saw it in the airport but I'm not taking a chance on a hardback, as he seems to write the odd duffer.

It's supposed to be a big return to form. I get his SF in hardback but usually wait for the paberback for the non"M"s. Though this would be worth it. You can get a "trade-pb" also out now for a bit less. Ohb & Waterstones is selling it for £5 off...

Quote:
Anyway, I'm reading Coalescent by Stephen Baxter

Ahh I picked that up from a charity shop, got Exultant at the same time.

a_random_me

I'm currently reading "The Little Book of Big Expenses" which covers the MP expenses, and "Moxyland" by Lauren Beuks, which it seems is also a book with a soundtrack available, although I haven't bothered to get the soundtrack.

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

I am reading The War Of The Worlds. Good ole HG Wells. Laughing out loud

Arbuthnot
Arbuthnot's picture

Quote;
It's supposed to be a big return to form.

Hope so, I found Matter a bit of a let-down. I've started getting most of my books from greenmetropolis.com, standard price is £3.75, and you often get mint copies.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I'll add that to my "sites to check"

Bryanp1973

The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave, read it when I bought it, then reread "and the ass saw the angel" and reading Bunny Munro again

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Retromancer - yay

& Pratchetts 5th Elephant on audio (tape)

Scouse Elvis
Scouse Elvis's picture

Hi There y'all. Long time no post from me sorry, been busy with family and 'stuff'

I'm not reading anything at the moment! I gave up smoking about 3 months ago and now can not read a book!!! Just don't appear to have the concentration anymo...

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Hi Darren