And we're back!

27 replies [Last post]
lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Some of you may have noticed the site has been off-line since last night. This was for a major software update, which took a little longer than I'd hoped, but nearly everything should be working again now. Most of you won't know any huge changes, but under the hood things are quite different, and it will set things up for new stuff I want to roll out over the next while.

The book reviews section needs some new stuff set up, so it's still not fully working. You should be able to read the reviews, but you won't get covers or other book information. Reviewrs won't be able to post reviews for a little while. I hope to have this fixed later today.

Please post if you fond anything that's not working properly.

James

Timmeh
Timmeh's picture
Re: And we're back!

Can we have the recent posts link back please?

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Recent posts restored.

James

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

The PM's seem to have gone too?

a_random_me

This probably should have a thread to itself, but while we're tweaking recent posts etc, not sure it needs to show an entry for each photo, I turned up today to find an entire page of riverboat shuffle things in the recent posts. Or maybe it's just me.

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Private messages should be working now, though there's something funny if you've a big user icon. I'm hoping to make it resize the user icon in due course, but in the meantime my suggestion is to pick a smaller icon.

I take your point about the "recent posts" page, unt unfortunately that's just the way it works. The purpose of the page is to show everything new on the site, and if someone (me) adds 30 photos to an album, it has no way of knowing not to list them all individually. Everything on the site is treated in the same way, which is very useful, but can get in the way a bit sometimes. Sorry.

I could possibly consider ways of doing a more targetted page, for example excluding certain content types from the list, but then you'd complain that you miss stuff. Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I like the Recent Posts bit, especially if I've been away for a while.

I do notice some position problems. Nothing major but:

My reply button is half obscured (it seems to have moved down a few mil). There are some random lines across the screen in some threads & if I click on "next page" or "2" or what ever in longer threads it doesn't work, but it does if I click just to the right of it...

Gaz
Gaz's picture

Something is up with the post spacing.

On the first page of any thread, the top of the 2nd post overlaps slightly with the bottom of the 1st post.

On the second and subsequent pages, the 1st post of that page overlaps slightly with the "Post Reply" button.

a_random_me

Either the spacing issue people is fixed, or it's just special and seems fine here.

Gaz
Gaz's picture

Still looking odd here - using Firefox 3.0.13.

Gaz
Gaz's picture

And also looking equally odd in IE8. I'll check from IE7 as soon as I get on my work PC.