renewing membership problems

12 replies [Last post]
Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Help, what am I doing wrong?
I added renewed membership to my cart and it took me to the Retromancer event page and my shopping trolly vanished into a black hole.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Re: renewing membership problems

Oh hang on, I've done it.

I was just clicking 'add to cart' on the Renew option on the page with all three memberships on it, which was where it was all going wrong.
Clicking on 'Renew Existing Membership..blah blah, can't read it because there's other stuff all over it' worked fine.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Nursewhen wrote:
Help, what am I doing wrong?
I added renewed membership to my cart and it took me to the Retromancer event page and my shopping trolly vanished into a black hole.

Actually, it took me to the 'Forbidden Planet - Saturday 17th January' page in Ian's blog??

EDIT - OK, that's happening because the CART button doesn't appear to work and the link to the blogs is underneath.

Do I get the prize for making the most replies to my own post?

Gaz
Gaz's picture

I need to renew mine too, so I'll see if I have similar problems...

Gaz
Gaz's picture

Seems OK for me, I got all the way through to the checkout with no problem.....

Gaz
Gaz's picture

And worked fine for me all the way through, have renewed with no problems.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

On the page with the 3 membership types, did you click on the 'Renew existing membership link' or did you go further down on the same page and try to select UK and then 'Add to Cart'? It's the second option I couldn't get to work.

I've renewed OK using the first option.

Edit - OK, I've manage to get the second option to work now, it's just fiddly trying to hit the cart button and not hit the 'Forbidden Planet' link that's sitting on top of it.

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Hmmm, sorry about that folks - the page is overlaping out of its frame:( I have mailed James, our IT expert and asked for a fix:)

Gaz
Gaz's picture

Nursewhen wrote:
On the page with the 3 membership types, did you click on the 'Renew existing membership link' or did you go further down on the same page and try to select UK and then 'Add to Cart'? It's the second option I couldn't get to work.

I've renewed OK using the first option.

Edit - OK, I've manage to get the second option to work now, it's just fiddly trying to hit the cart button and not hit the 'Forbidden Planet' link that's sitting on top of it.

On the page with the 3 membership types, I was able to select the UK option underneath Renew and then Add to Cart. I didn't click on the Renew link.

Nothing is overlapping on my screen, it all looks fine, so maybe it's only affecting certain resolutions and/or browsers.

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Looks like we need to issue James with a really poo machine so he can see how the other half live Eye-wink

lostcarpark
lostcarpark's picture

Nursewhen wrote:
Looks like we need to issue James with a really poo machine so he can see how the other half live Eye-wink

Actually my main PC is dead at the moment, and I'm using a laptop with a fairly low screen res at the moment, so I see the overlapping problem too.

I'll hopefully get the page fixed over the weekend.

And hopefully pick up a new power supply for the PC over Christmas.

James