New members to the website - say hello here :-)

244 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: New members to the website - say hello here :-)

Hi there Smiling

Rachie_D

Hello to the newcomers!!! Smiling

Scottv2

captain.fantastic wrote:
Hi Scott, did you join us for ale and toot afterwards in the pub?
Welcome Smiling

I did not, I brought a non-Rankinite friend to keep me occupied on the commute so I think it would've been slightly unfair to him.

a_random_me

Hello to Mandy and Scott.

Samnick142
dedicated server

The interesting thing is when we design and architect a server or a dedicated server , we don't design it for Windows or Linux, we design it for both. We don't really care, as long as we're selling the one the customer wants. The technologies we use now a days are a combination of Linux Xen, KVM and Microsoft Hyper-V. We utilize the latest Intel VT extensions to give optimum performance.

Timmeh
Timmeh's picture
Re: dedicated server

And the 2010 non-sequiter prize goes to...

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Yep, I think the Librarian has been toppled...

Laughing out loud

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

When done random (not Geoff) become spam?

Scottv2

Samnick142 wrote:
The interesting thing is when we design and architect a server or a dedicated server , we don't design it for Windows or Linux, we design it for both. We don't really care, as long as we're selling the one the customer wants. The technologies we use now a days are a combination of Linux Xen, KVM and Microsoft Hyper-V. We utilize the latest Intel VT extensions to give optimum performance.

My God, that's fascinating!

Allotment Golfer

Ahoy all! I thought I'd pop on and say hello Smiling Some of you may remember me from years ago on the old forums when I used to blather away irreverently about pretty much anything. I'd kind of lost touch with it all in the last few years, but now that I am back off the road and in glorious Newcastle, I thought I would rejoin and see if I can add my ramblings to the community. I've spotted a couple of familiar names already (although whether they remember me is another thing entirely, lol).
So, who's up for some toot?