New members to the website - say hello here :-)

244 replies [Last post]
Small Dave
Re: New members to the website - say hello here :-)

Thanks Dr. Bob. You may regret that statement one day though - once I get started there's usually no stopping me! Laughing out loud

Ô¿Ô

Grand Master

New Zealand is the most beautiful country I have ever visited, been there twice and hope to go again next year. Wonderful country, wonderful people. 
So, hello.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Small Dave wrote:

Thanks Dr. Bob. You may regret that statement one day though - once I get started there's usually no stopping me! Laughing out loud

Ô¿Ô

Dr Hill
Dr Hill's picture

Welcome Small Dave! I'm sure Ian can correct me, but to my reckoning we now have members on 4 continents......so our plans for world domination are coming on (slowly) retreats in to corner of room laughing maniacally........  Evil

sorry about that, welcome once again!

Small Dave

Thanks Dr. Hill. My goodness, there are rather a lot of doctors on this forum. I'll know where to come for answers if I get sick!
Yep, one of the 'perks' of being an ex-pat (which I always thought meant a former Irishman!) is that when I subscribe to UK based forums (or is it 'fora'?) I'm generally the only member in sub-Saharan Africa. Of course, the downside is that attendance of parties, conventions and general piss-ups organised by such forums / fora is never really an option for me. I think the bus fare from Johannesburg to Brighton, for instance, would be well beyond my means. Shocked

Thanks again for the welcome though, much appreciated.

Ô¿Ô

MelissaDaisy99 (not verified)

Hello !I am a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here?
Good day you guy !

Small Dave

Well, I'm a newcomer here myself, or 'newbie' as the hip and trendy would say, but I was warmly welcomed so I see no reason why you too should not also be likewise similarly welcomed as well. So let me be the first to welcome you warmly, or for those who prefer the split infinitive, to warmly welcome you.

Ô¿Ô

P.S. On the split infinitive thing, I was going to say 'To warmly welcome you where no man has warmly welcomed you before', in a Star Trek stylee, but then I thought it just sounded rude, a bit like Robert's fascination with getting a warm hand on his opening, so I didn't. Oh bugger, I just did! Puzzled

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

I think you may of replied to a artificial intelligence there Small Dave, and I don’t mean Dr Hill?   Puzzled

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Hello Small Dave, gosh, you sound like you were made for this place!
A hearty welcome, I look forward to more of your poetry Smiling

Small Dave

JD and Coke wrote:

I think you may of replied to a artificial intelligence there Small Dave, and I don’t mean Dr Hill?   Puzzled

Couldn't find a Homer Simpson D'oh! smiley so please accept this hand-typed D'oh instead. Here it comes: D'oh!

In my defence, it was early morning and I didn't sleep well last night so I didn't even notice the link! As a devout Monty Python fan, you'd think I'd recognise spam when I see it. Sticking out tongue

Thanks for the welcome, Nurse. I hadn't written any of my silly nonsense poems for a long time but when I started reading Sprout Mask Replica the muse bit me again. I still have the teethmarks on my bum! Shocked Maybe I'll post some of my 'Dave' poems one of these days. Nothing to do with my 'Small Dave' pseudonym, more to do with animals, insects, birds and people who are called Dave, which I'm not.

Ô¿Ô