THE RANKINS HELP MAKE HISTORY. BREAKING NEWS. WORLD EXCLUSIVE

7 replies [Last post]
Grand Master

Well, blow me down,dress me as a choirboy and throw me to the priest!
I have voted for more than forty years, always for an outsider and never for, as Bob Dylan once said "the lesser of two evils". And last night the party I voted for actually won. Yes folks BRIGHTON IS NOW OFFICIALLY GREEN!!! History has been made. And the lovely wife and I are proud to have played our part. The good folk of Brighton had the balls to vote with their hearts. How bloody cool is that!!!
As for the rest of the country....shame on you... you voted for "more of the same crap" and that's just what we'll get. Pity.

So.....er....... what the f*** is going to happen now?

Uncle Nick
Re: THE RANKINS HELP MAKE HISTORY. BREAKING NEWS. WORLD ...

I didn't vote for the usual crap.

I had the "choice"* of the usual 3 + UKIP... and due to me not actually reading any of the crap that came through from the council weeks and weeks ago I didn't KNOW that I had to send in a postal vote instead of doing it yesterday. So after I'd walked home, the Red Mist overtook me and I voted Shredder instead. Eye-wink

Congratulations on actually getting what you wanted though! There's not many people in that situation today Laughing out loud Shame that Brentford didn't join in with the Green love though, eh?

*I was quite prepared to vote for anything that wasn't the bollocks I actually had on offer - so it would have been a "none of the above" spoiled ballot for me.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Would that mean you get your bins emptied one every 6 months now, and you’re not allowed to drive or park your car anywhere near your house? Eye-wink

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Yes 1st win for the Greens. There was a Green on Radio4 the other day making a bit of an arse of himself though.

As for what happens now, hung parliament general uncertainty, stocks crashing & the UK plunging back into a recession looks likely Puzzled

Analog Kid

Well done Sir, I wish I could say the same but we've been a Tory stronghold for decades and it shows no signs of changing. I thought we had a Green option for a moment when I scanned the Ballot paper last night but it turned out to be the Surname of the BNP candidate!

Grand Master

I suspect that if there turns out to be another election in eighteen months the Green Lady of Brighton might lose her seat, but for the time being I can be all Green and hippy and try not to think about all the deep dog doo that the country is in. Hell. I can dream, can't I.

Jackin_your_box
Jackin_your_box's picture

Grand Master wrote:
Hell. I can dream, can't I.

With the mess this country is in I think that's all we actually got left. And I'm sure if they could those swines in Westminster would either ban or tax that too.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Greens now polling higher than the Libs, so a seven party debate comming up. The old 3, the greens, the Scottish lot, the Welsh lot & the rasist lot.