MURKY DEPTHS

33 replies [Last post]
Grand Master

I have a comic strip that I drew published in the latest edition of MURKY DEPTHS. It is the first comic I have had published in 30 years and I hope to do more. Can someone put up a link.
Please buy a copy.

Big Herbaceous
Re: MURKY DEPTHS
Grand Master

Raygun here, I'm just pasting in what I have posted on Facebook:
As many of you will know Robert trained at the Ealing School of Art (alongside Alan Leigh and Freddie Mercury) and is a talented and wonderful accomplished artist. For many years he made the models which feature on the covers of his novels, and recently was asked by Orion/Gollanz to redesign the covers for his backlist.

We can now proudly announce the publication of his first fully illustrated story - 'The Robot and the Elongated Author' - in issue 13 of Murky Depths. To order your copy go to:
http://www.murkydepths.com/center.php

Also coming soon - 'The Bumper Book of Ficts'!

Grand Master

Alan Lee. Otherwise known as God.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Sounds great but, sorry if this is picky - or wrong (please do correct me) - but wasn't it Rob who asked to do the illustraited covers?

I was speaking to the Murky Depths chap at the SFX event - nice guy - I'll be picking up the issue.

PS. did you ever get that money back from Freddie?

Grand Master

Getting the gig to do the new covers was six of one and Gawd knows how many of the other, it all got very complicated, Terry who puts all his own money into MURKY DEPTHS is a really good guy, he promotes new talent and is one of those people who always bubble with enthusiasm. Buy a copy and give your support.
Blimey,all I do nowadays is ask for your money.
By the by, on the last page of MURKY DEPTHS is a full colour print of the cover for THE BUMPER BOOK OF FICTS. (Out sometime in the next couple of months, comic format, hard cover £9.99 you'll be able to see from the cover the style of the illustrations, I know you've already seen some, but there are 96 in there and I'm very proud of them.) I am really enjoying getting back into illustration after soooooooo long.
Ah, and sadly no, I never did get the money back from Freddie, my God he's been dead a long time now!

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Ordered Smiling

chub

I've ordered mine as well, I a, lookimg forward to reading it I know sod all about comics but I am an avid 2000ad fan and still get it every week

captain.fantastic

Mine arrived Saturday :) I have meant to subscribe to Murky Depths for quite a while now but never got round to it, having seen this (my first copy) I will be doing so...

On the subject of our Grand Master's comic strip - I loved it, but just what were you smoking when you wrote and drew it Robert :?:D;)

Grand Master

Smoking?? Well, I do agree it has a certain........"Sixties" quality about it.....

captain.fantastic

"If you can remember the sixties you weren't there" Eye-wink