SFX AWARDS 2011

5 replies [Last post]
Grand Master

Deep joy indeed, SFX have asked the lovely wife and me to host the SFX Awards Ceremony for 2011. Down at the seaside once more.
So, anyone fancy the next SFX Weekender? It was fun last time. Anyone booked already?
Post here.
Also, I would very much appreciate it if you could vote THE JAPANESE DEVIL FISH GIRL as best novel so I can give one of those really wonderful raygun awards to myself.
Or would that just be taking the piss?
Well...................

Uncle Nick
Re: SFX AWARDS 2011

I have a plan that will bag you an award. It involves a large pocket and a "surprising turn of speed" out of the fire exit...

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Looks like the SFX forum poll did the trick Eye-wink

This announcement has come out just after the end of the half price for SFX subscribers offer has ended Sad

As for the book, I think the only reason you didn't win last time was bad timing of the release of you're last novel

Grand Master

Well thank you for your hard work on the SFX poll Andi. And votes for the book WOULD be appreciated. It is such a nice award. And yes, we did try to run off with some on the night.

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
That's great news, some good pressure via the forum (nice one Andi) and some (not very) subtle hints via e-mail Eye-wink would seem to have done the job........ Though let's be honest here, after last year they would have to be mad to not have the magnificent Robert and Raygun back to present the awards, you were the highlight of the evening. Now let's get TJDFG on the podium as best novel and you as best novelist - right where you deserve to be. I'll be there Smiling
captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
captain.fantastic wrote:
I'll be there Smiling
at the weekender of course, not on stage......... I wish Cool