A pint of Large

21 replies [Last post]
captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Re: A pint of Large

I know that Tam had been given permission to "re-badge" a supplied beer to reflect the pub and Brentfords association with Robert and his fine works by one of their suppliers, didn't know what ale.....

I'll get in touch and see what can be sorted for the Pre Party Friday night, there was talk of a "goldensprout" ale as well.

Grand Master

Cheers Ian, and do get on to the pub by the football ground and ask if they would like to make a lot of money by entertaining over one hundred drinkers on the 23rd between the hours of 11PM and 2AM. I am sure you will be able to persuade them without TOO much trouble.
We are all relying on you.
So, no pressure there.....

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Here's a link to some info on the original brew of Large for the Large events we held in Derby some years back
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/castle-rock-large/57492/
Castle Rock brewed it 3 years in a row with the 1st year being a slightly different brew to the following 2.
Robert was there for the brewing in the 1st year.
Some time later we did a Derby pub crawl voting for the beer we though most suited the Large flavour for us.
Derby Brew Co Dashingly Dark won the vote:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/derby-dashingly-dark/59066/
This was more similar to the Large brewed in year 2 & 3 of the Large  events.
The 3rd years brew was also bottled, some are still kicking around

captain.fantastic

Grand Master wrote:

Cheers Ian, and do get on to the pub by the football ground and ask if they would like to make a lot of money by entertaining over one hundred drinkers on the 23rd between the hours of 11PM and 2AM. I am sure you will be able to persuade them without TOO much trouble.

We are all relying on you.

So, no pressure there.....

Initial enquiries don't show much promise on this I'm afraid Sad

captain.fantastic

Deep Black wrote:

The 3rd years brew was also bottled, some are still kicking around

I have a few of those still around Andi Smiling By the way, PM doesn't seem to be working properly so I can't see your last message - did "IT" arrive safely?

cheshire-cheese
cheshire-cheese's picture

Hmm, food for thought there.  So, was the butterscotch (Diacetyl) flavour intentional?  Is it realy all things to all men?  Is there no mention in the books as to its hue? (I say have to re-read.  I got it into my head that it was as golden as the sprout)
If it really is just one's perfect pint, I have brewed my own large mant times over.  I'm still trying to imagine what pint would be needed to fortify one before mounting Marchant or some married woman.
I'll be brewing up a vat of ale in the forthcoming weeks for the summer.
Thinking cap on...

cheshire-cheese
cheshire-cheese's picture

Change of plan, I have some Pilsner malt that needs using up, so I guess it will be a pint of la(r)ger.
So, more time to think...

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

captain.fantastic wrote:

I have a few of those still around Andi Smiling By the way, PM doesn't seem to be working properly so I can't see your last message - did "IT" arrive safely?

Are you talking to me?
Then yes is you mean that one off jobbie Smiling

captain.fantastic

Deep Black wrote:

captain.fantastic wrote:

Are you talking to me?

Then yes is you mean that one off jobbie Smiling

"Are you talking to me" looks in mirror and pulls gun Jawdropping! Andi does his best DiNero impersonation Eye-wink

Yes Andi, and good Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Indeed it is Smiling