TODAY IS RAPTURE DAY

29 replies [Last post]
Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
Re: TODAY IS RAPTURE DAY

I can't believe that guy hasn't been lynched yet.
Looks like there is Christian forgiveness out there after all. 

Talie

Is it safe to come out now, have all the vicious wee dinosaurs from Jurassic Park gone?

Small Dave

I've been incommunicado (it's just outside Brentford) for the last five days so I missed the rapture. However, since it seems to have failed to materialize, I got to thinking that the person who started the rumour had perhaps had an accident with an anagram generator. Here are some alternatives that it may have been supposed to have been (or not to have been, as the case may or may not have been).

PURE RAT DAY - A day when breeders of pedigree rats get together for their AGM.

RARE TUP DAY - A day for owners of rare breeds of uncastrated sheep get together for their AGM.

PEAR RUT DAY - The beginning of the breeding season for pears (no AGM involved).

PRAT RUE DAY - A day for people to regret being a prat (maybe an AGM).

OK, I'm going to leave you in peace now, my brain hurts from all that anagram making! Laughing out loud

Ô¿Ô

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Small Dave wrote:

PRAT RUE DAY - A day for people to regret being a prat (maybe an AGM).

I think PRAT RUE Day is exactly what it was Smiling

Small Dave

I also thought of calling it A RUPERT DAY but I couldn't bear the thought of subjecting you good people to even more low quality humour. Oops, I just did! Sticking out tongue

Ô¿Ô

Small Dave

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought contributors to this one might be interested in an article on the Smithsonian website concerning previous rapture days. I tried to post it as a link but for some reason it triggered the board's spam filter and wouldn't let me post it. What you need to do then, readers, is go to Google and type in the search filed: "ten notable apocalypses that obviously didn't happen" and you'll find the page. Fascinating stuff methinks!

Ô¿Ô

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture
reddragon70
reddragon70's picture
Small Dave

Thanks Nurse, not sure why that particular link triggered the spam fritters for me and not for you but there you go.

Red Dragon - nice one, made I laugh, it did! Laughing out loud

Ô¿Ô