FANTASY CON 2012

9 replies [Last post]
Grand Master

Hello there folks, , Fantasycon is under some kind of new management next year, I do not pretend to understand the ins and outs of this sort of thing. But I have been asked to be Guest of Honour!!!!!!! I think it will be held in Corby (closer to you than Brighton, Iain). So I shall expect every one of you to sign up and come along and make it look glamorous.

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Re: FANTASY CON 2012
Nothing much on their website yet on but here's a link. It is probably worth joining the society as you then get quite good discounts on the cons.. http://www.britishfantasysociety.co.uk/ Normally takes place in September so plenty of time to plan ahead - it's in my schedule and I hope to be along Smiling
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

How slanted toward Fantasy is it, do they have SF stuff there too?

reddragon70
reddragon70's picture

Sounds good, Corby is near Leicester is it not? \or is that another corby that I didnt know about?

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

I have to admit to being an on-line member (via email only). They seem a pretty serious lot when it comes to the fantasy bit. As for SF not seem too much hence my lack of participation. They are on Twitter at @BritFantasySoc

I guess they have always seemed a bit “stuck up” to me?

That I hope will change with the GM gettin involved Laughing out loud

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Oh

Uncle Nick

On the plus side, "Banned For Life From X" (for increasing values of X) is a fine life outlook!

I'm still technically banned from a pub in Rodley and a nightclub in Leeds, and I don't drink Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

So what did you do?
I drink pleanty & haven't been banned from anywhere (yet)

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

So what did you do?
I drink pleanty & haven't been banned from anywhere (yet)

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Deep Black wrote:

How slanted toward Fantasy is it, do they have SF stuff there too?
I have been a member for a long time and there is more Horror fans and books  than I would like 60/30, but years before it was a reversal, Brian Aldiss was a  GOH this year but as you see from the link. http://www.fantasycon2011.org/awards.htm
Hope there is a bit more Fantasy in next years Con.