It’s been 8 years....

8 replies [Last post]
JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

It’s been 8 years....

It’s been 8 years since the last full Jim and John book (Knees Up Mother Earth (2004)). However Mr Rankin is thinking of doing one last James Arbuthnot Pooley and John Vincent Omally book!!

He is looking for suggestions on what plot it should take if the book went ahead, any suggestions?

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Re: It’s been 8 years....

Quite obviously they need to go out in a blaze of glory, think butch Cassidy and the sundance kid movie ending Eye-wink

Does this mean we get to have another farewell to brentford party Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Maybe it could feature be an old John & Jim?
Cornelious Murphy & Tuppe should probably be in there.
I'd like to see another book with a strong SF influence (like Armageddon) rather than the Victorian Steam stuff of the more recent book.

Will it have a cover pic in this style?
I missed that on Sex, Drugs & Sausage Rolls

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

I think it needs to involve a hospital and an evil genius called Nurse When
Sticking out tongue

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

I do miss Pooley and Omally, maybe have them like the couple of mates living next door to each other as in the Still Game,  with Dave the grudge bearing wee bastard Postie living in the same block of flats, maybe the ones built on the site where the old Swan was, and complaining how far they had to go to the New Swan in the High Street when the weather was a bit crap, The Govenor of the new Swan getting sacked for some nefarious deeds or doing a runner with a barmaid, and Neville coming back in to take over.
Soap Distant returning from some far flung trip coming back to his roots to finally settle down. 
Archroy opening up a dojo in Brentford to teach his martial arts and maybe a crossover or fleeting visit by of some other characters in the other books.
That's about all I can think of at the moment.  
Edited to add another thought.
We have had Brentford in the World Cup with Knee's up Mother Earth,
for a change we could have, Brentford hosting  the World  SF Convention with Neville hosting the fan bar with help from Pooley and Omally and probably drinking all the profits, maybe some visiting aliens mixing in with Con crowd and maskerade show. Far fetched I know but we have a past master for that and we are not afraid to use him.  

Eye-wink

Smiling

Grand Master

Like the SF convention idea, Billy.

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

From small acorns grow.......

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Bugger double post

Croydon Robert

Grand Master wrote:

Like the SF convention idea, Billy.

It's a great idea. If the book comes out in 2014 it will tie in with the 2014 London Worldcon. Lots of opportunity for cameo appearences by Sproutclub regulars and some of the crazy things they've done at Cons over the years.

It needs to not be a Murder-Mystery because "Bimbos of the Death Sun" is a whodunnit set at an SF Convention.