About "Grand Master". (Sorry if this is against the rules)

31 replies [Last post]
PhantomTa2

I've been reading through the forum posts, looking for information as you do, and I've noticed the posts from Grand Master seem to indicate that the poster is Mr. Rankin. Am I mistaken or is this true?  Now, I'm not some mad stalker......(purely because I have bad legs and it's too much hassle)......but I would like to say something to him, if it is.
  Again, I do apologise if this is against any rules, I tried searching but found nothing.  So if this post is deleted, then I know.
 PhantomTa2

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture
Re: About "Grand Master". (Sorry if this is against the rules)

The Grand Master is indeed Mr Rankin himself Smiling

PhantomTa2

Well, in that case, I'd like to thank Grand Master because if it wasn't for him, Tom Holt and Terry Pratchett I wouldn't have got back into reading.  I've got most of the books but am buying more as and when we can afford it. Just love his work, so thank you again for being awesome!

Croydon Robert

PhantomTa2 wrote:
if it wasn't for him, Tom Holt and Terry Pratchett

You'll embarress Robert by comparing him to the true greats like Pratchett and Holt.

Evil

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I don't think we really have any rules do we?

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

I seem to recall a 'no personal questions about the Grand Master' rule.

Phanton, are you the guy who turned up round about Christmas last year with a book collaboration idea?

PhantomTa2

No, that wasn't me

PhantomTa2

It wasn't really a "personal" question....it's not like I asked his underwear size or anything, just curious as to if it really was him.  I think being compared to Holt and Pratchett is a little undervaluing.  I feel he's on a par with them, at the very least

Grand Master

Robert Rankin here and thank you, whoever you are (as you have a pretend name you might of course be anybody). Thank you too Mr Croydon Robert, naturally I would shrink from being compared to Pratchett or Holt and modestly compare myself favourably to Shakespeare and Steinbeck. Many would of course say that I am beyond any comparison and I would buy these people a beer. Happy Christmas.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

A-hem, you are beyond any comparison Eye-wink

PhantomTa2

Holy ****! You replied to my thread!  My real name is Andy Eye-wink and I'm now star-struck for a while