Hardback 1st editions

64 replies [Last post]
leev (not verified)
"Tip: Don't pay over the

"Tip: Don't pay over the odds for one that's signed. It's a well known fact (by those that know it well) that Robert will sign just about anything put in front of him at any time."

its true read here http://www.sproutlore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17832&highlight=#17832
if you go drinking with robert dont fall asleep he carries a thick black permanent marker with him at all times for just such occasions lol

a_random_me
The exception to be noted:

The exception to be noted: Necrophenia proof copies - there's only one of these signed which went for a fair price for charity. Someone did try to get one signed on the launch tour, but ended up getting something else signed instead.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
I asked Robert to sign my

I asked Robert to sign my proof, without too much hope, & he kept true to his word

Grand Master
You'd be surprised just how

You'd be surprised just how many people really try to wheedle a signature out of me on one of those proofs. But I am sticking to my promise. I will auction one signed proof copy of Retromancer as soon as I get some.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Is that set to become a

Is that set to become a tradition or an old charter or something then Eye-wink

Mort640
Re: Hardback 1st editions

Hi JD and Coke. I recently contacted Jacaranda Book Exchange to get a copy of "The Most Amazing Man Who Ever Lived". I was only after the paperback, but the owner mentioned that he had a "collectable" hardback. I'm not sure if it is a first edition, but the price was $100 AUD, so it may well be. He was prepared to sell it to me for $50 AUD if I had wanted it. The contact details are... 1/281 Charters Towers Road, Hermit Park, Townsville QLD 4812 Australia. Phone +61 7 4725 5639. Hope this helps. Mort640.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Mort640 wrote:
Hi JD and Coke. I recently contacted Jacaranda Book Exchange to get a copy of "The Most Amazing Man Who Ever Lived". I was only after the paperback, but the owner mentioned that he had a "collectable" hardback. I'm not sure if it is a first edition, but the price was $100 AUD, so it may well be. He was prepared to sell it to me for $50 AUD if I had wanted it. The contact details are... 1/281 Charters Towers Road, Hermit Park, Townsville QLD 4812 Australia. Phone +61 7 4725 5639. Hope this helps. Mort640.

Hey thanks for that..............I have managed to get that 1st edition...........I just have to get the Brentford triangle and I have them all (evil chuckle) Smiling

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

You will only get that in paperback as it was never published in H/B, 1st edition was an Abacus edition with the Josh Kirby cover artwork.

JD and Coke
JD and Coke's picture

Dr Bob...............BOB.........sorry got blackadder in my head......... Thanks for the info Smiling the last 2 books I have been lookin for are like lookin for hens teeth at the moment...them being 1st of east of Ealing and the Brentford triangle....I have east of Ealing but my copy could be better as for the other.............hell knows when I could get it...unless that Grand Master could send one my way (I will not hold my breath on that one Smiling )

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Might be able to help you out there, did email but don't think it went through.