New members to the website - say hello here :-)

244 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: New members to the website - say hello here :-)

Ramble away.

Where were you "on the road"?

Welcome back Smiling

Allotment Golfer

I was in a couple of bands for a while, gigging my way around the UK in a battered old van. Also been doing live sound engineering as well. Then spent last year training as a studio engineer! So I've kinda ruined all music for me for the rest of my life, lol. Now just trying to set myself up as an engineer for hire and attempting to build my own half-decent studio. Ah, the joys!

Allotment Golfer

I was in a couple of bands for a while, gigging my way around the UK in a battered old van. Also been doing live sound engineering as well. Then spent last year training as a studio engineer! So I've kinda ruined all music for me for the rest of my life, lol. Now just trying to set myself up as an engineer for hire and attempting to build my own half-decent studio. Ah, the joys!

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Hello Allotment Golfer *waves*

Toot way Smiling

captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture

Always good to see a familiar name back on the forum - welcome Smiling

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

What were the bands?

Allotment Golfer

I doubt you'd have heard of them - there was Aristocrash, who were based in Manchester; and there was Respond, from Peterborough. Nearly went rather well till good old 'musical differences' (ie, people trying to shaft each other behind their backs) got in the way.
I miss gigging *sniff*

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I've played in many bands too, I know what you mean.

So it's back to real life again is it?

Manchester & Peterborough are quite a way apart aren't they.

Allotment Golfer

Aye, Manchester and Peterborough are a fair way apart - especially when you're living in one of them and rehearsing in the other!
I'd say I was back to normal life, but only in as far as I'm not out gigging every other night these days. The live work still keeps me pleasantly detached from reality, although one of our big shows has fallen through this year, which frankly sucks. Meh, show politics, gotta love 'em...
Are you not in a band any more then? I seem to recall you always were when I used to be a regular.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I still play (drums) though not as much or as seriously as before (family stopped all that Laughing out loud )