What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
Deep Black
Deep Black's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

Just started "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley
&
"Moby Dick" by Herman Melville (on Audio)

a_random_me

I did Brave New World as part of my A-Level English essay, that, Gulliver's Travels and The Time Machine.

Presently reading "Lost" by Gregory Maguire.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Did doing it for the A level thing put you off those books or open them up more for you?

a_random_me

Well, it was my free-range essay, so I got to pick books I would have read anyway, the set texts were a bit of a mix and match. In hindsight I'd have picked a different subject entirely however - my others were Maths, Further Maths and Physics, so it was a bit of an off the wall choice (yet oddly common)

mjarbar (not verified)

Re reading the Lord of the Rings and half way through London's Strangest Tales by Tom Quinn, it's a collection of true stories about parts of London and some of the strange traditions that still go on in the capital today even though the reason for them has long since vanished.

The Librarian

I am reading the graphic novel version of Stephen King's Dark Tower, Volume Two, and Chapter six of the Book of The Revelation of St John the Divine of Patmos.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Hi there Library Smiling

The Librarian

Isn't the Sandman amazing! Have you cried yet? If you like that, you might like Lucifer by Mike Carey. Or the Books of Magic?

The Librarian

Hi There Deep. Why don't you come and see us. You can have a cup of tea on Jim's bench.

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

I've been to Jims bench a few times but never been inside the Library. Do you work there?

Sandman is great, I've read the first 8 of them. Don't think I've cired at it though