What are you reading now?

617 replies [Last post]
captain.fantastic
captain.fantastic's picture
Re: What are you reading now?

just finished re-reading my Lucifer series of graphic novels and now re-visiting the sandman books, also enjoying the first Felix Castor novel by Mike Carey of Lucifer - Better the Devil, damn good read Smiling

How I find time for all this reading is a moot point in our house, I am painting / decorating to spruce up the place as we try to sell it, house hunting and job hunting whilst also trying to do a million and one other things, not least of which is running the club and getting the next magazine out to print:jawdrop:

Oh well, as they say, the devil finds work for idle hands (or something like that) so I'm off his radar for now}:)

The Librarian

I manage the Library! Just started. Got Osterley too which is just down the road. I am supreme dictator for life of the anarchist people's republic of Brenterley! So not mad at all then. We're trying to put together a Rankin event for next year in Brentford. Would you come?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Are you asking the Golden Sprout people in genreal? In which case probably "yes". Will there be any beer involved?

chub

talking of beer i am currently reading 'hops and glory' its described as one mans search for the beer that built the british empire its a really good travel cum beer cum history book

Nursewhen
Nursewhen's picture

Brentfordlibrary wrote:
I manage the Library! Just started. Got Osterley too which is just down the road. I am supreme dictator for life of the anarchist people's republic of Brenterley! So not mad at all then. We're trying to put together a Rankin event for next year in Brentford. Would you come?

Hooray! I paid tribute to Pooley's bench earlier this year on the way to Robert's birthday do. Did you notice a load of pirates outside the library?

Deep Black
Deep Black's picture

Finished:
Aldous Huxley - Brave new World (very good & readable for 1932)
& Retromancer by some odd bloke. (great as ever, but not the best)
About 100 pages left on Iain Banks - Transision. (enjoying this)
Not far to go on Kurt Vonnegut - Cats Cradle (not bad so far)

Finished:
Moby Dick on Audio book (ok but a but hard going)
& about half way through David Mitchell - Black Swan Green on audio book (not bad, but could have been darker)

Dr.Bob
Dr.Bob's picture

Brentfordlibrary wrote:

We had one there a few years back when we donated the bench(hope you have worn it out with sitting on it) and before that when the Robster did a signing and talk,so another would be just great.

The Librarian

Yes. Ruby IPA and a trip down the Swan for afters.

The Librarian

Huzzah! Pieces of Eight. No but I've only just started here.

The Librarian

Coolio. Watch this space.